I received in the mail this week a sample of the new Blueberry Muffin Pop tart. I am not one that eats a lot of pop tarts but I do love blueberry muffins so this one intrigued me. I opened up the package and I could smell a blueberry muffin. I have always bought the brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts for my husband and daughter which don’t have a strong smell, so I was surprised at the smell of the blueberries. The top of the pop tart has the white frosting with sprinkles of blue granules and brown granules. I think the brown is to represent the crumbles from the muffin. When I broke open the pop tart it has white cream filling with blueberry cream mixed with in. The taste is good. I think the smell is more like a blueberry muffin than the taste but the taste is not bad.

I would not buy these just for me but if my family liked fruity pop tarts I would buy a box for them to try. The only huge negative I that see with this pop tart flavor is it has 11 grams of fat and 71 grams of carbs for two pop tarts. Kellogg’s pop tarts does offer low fat pop tarts in other flavors but I am not sure if the blueberry muffin flavor is yet offered as a low fat selection.

If you have read this far and want to try this flavor, I have two coupons to give away today that is for the blueberry muffin pop tarts only. Both are 55 cents off one 8 ct box. All you have to do is leave a comment for this post with your name and email. I will do random.org and choose a winner on Tues 9-8-09.

If you are reading this post after 9-7-09 this giveaway is already over.

0 Thoughts Shared